Monday, March 30, 2009

monday - again

after sleeping til noon, and pretty much being in a funk after I woke up for the day,
i started calling the local number for lost baggage at DTW. 30 calls in about 3 hrs. the line was busy on each stinking call. Finally about 4pm the line rang. IT RANG!
Immediately upon connection it went to auto hold, where I remained for almost 20 minutes. When the lady finally answered, I was told that my bag had "just arrived" from Chicago and would be delivered sometime later. Of course by this point I had convinced myself that everything would be missing, or broken or some other awfulness - but at least I knew it was back in Detroit.

I met up with Tina for some quick eyebrow maintenance and to shoot. Had a lovely dinner with Meghan and Nicole and by the time I got home the airport delivery people had already called to say they were enroute with my stuff.

The (very creepy) delivery guy got here about 9. After a bunch of small talk he finally left and I could get down to the business at hand.. checking out my shit.

Much to my delight, upon opening it I could tell everything was intact. tons of chocolate, hello kitty stuff, and most importantly many bottles of booze. yay!

I finally feel like the trip is complete. Now, the laundry starts.

No comments: