Tuesday, October 14, 2008

rambling

a couple of years ago I got this crazy idea to travel from Moscow to Beijing on the Trans-siberian
railway.  I picked up a couple of guide books, because I love my books and have to read everything possible while waiting to travel.    I ended up not taking the trip, opting instead to return to Peru.  The guidebooks got lost in my bookshelves, and pretty much forgotten about.

Until today  :)

I'm not sure why I thought about these books today, but I did.  And I managed to find them 
without much trouble.   And, much to my delight,  both of the books have a dozen pages each on Vladivostok.   Vlad is the last Russian stop on the trans-sib, so these guides have tons more
information than what I found in the general LP Russia guide.    So yay, good news.

Visas came back today.  that should be the last bit of paperwork needed, so all that I have left to do now is to get through one more night of work, and try to conquer the packing.   
*****

my things to do/wish list 

buy a fur hat!
have yummy bowls of shchi
shop for russian cameras
vodka and caviar night -  or maybe just vodka night..  thats a bit more appealing.



sooz the flooz comes to town on thursday - can't wait.  she'll help make the rest of this 
week fly by.

xo



1 comment:

Unknown said...

please tell me you are NOT have cabbage soup?!?!?!? you are gonna blow up toilets all over siberia!