Friday, October 24, 2008

friday part 2

writing this from dinner in the hopping Vlad Inn restaurant.

tonights entertainment is a three piece "band". We laughed at them (with them?) at first, but they're actually pretty good


Sarah and Steven left today, headed back to Lousiana, and we miss them already.. some updates for you Sarah..
Phyllis has cornered the market on coffee makers, hangers, and the last we heard she was planning on opening a pizzeria in
their hotel room. Ed was wondering where she could get a brick oven from. He seems a bit concerned, but I think he may
be used her her kind of crazy (KIDDING PHYLLIS!) hahaha

The people we have met here are the best ever. I wish them nothing but luck and good times with their new families.

we are mostly packed for the trip home. I didnt find some of the items I really hoped to purchase while I was here...
no old cameras, no fur hat. But, plenty of matroiska dolls and other goodies. and LOTS of candy. Sergei brought us
to the Vladivostok candy company, a lovely chocolatier, where we bought tons of sweets. I have no idea what they
are, but the wrappers are pretty. Add to it all of the kinder products that I picked up at the baby store and a can of paprika pringles (the best crisps ever), compliments of our translator Katerina, and we have snacks for everyone on the plane tomorrow.




2 comments:

Unknown said...

this video made me giddy :)
safe trip home rho rho

Sara said...

are you kidding me?! a live band?! i missed the live band?!

hi rhonda.
i miss your funny self.
can't wait for trip two.