Friday, October 24, 2008

friday night in vladivostok



sergei the great took us on a city tour that lasted most of the morning. Downtown Vladivostok is crowded, but gorgeous.
Around Amur bay, then to the train station. There is a beautiful monument here for the russian soldiers that lost their lives during world war II.

afterwards we went to a cafe for shopping and lunch. blinis and yummy desserts. Sergei has never had coca cola (or so he claims) but was willing to try a sip. He insisted on helping us shop for the proper vodkas and caviar, so we wouldnt be spending our rubles on poor quality goods. Amy's good eyes spotted the fairy I've been chasing for years, and I'm happy to say that I've finally caught her. Now, i'm just a couple of spoons away from magical dreams. Maybe the next time Flooz comes to town we'll celebrate properly.

after shopping we visited with Tatiana for about 30 minutes and then returned to the hotel. I can't believe how quickly this
week has gone by. I'm so not ready for the long flight home...

for you postie people... I have found NO POSTCARDS IN RUSSIA! maybe next trip I'll have better luck, but today was a complete wash.

also something to remember for next trip, to bring new cds for the restaurant at the hotel. I dont mind listening to AC/DC over breakfast, but the constant bruce springsteen/nelly furtado/kansasdustinthewind loop that has been playing every night at dinner HAS to go.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

the lovely green fairy is a ton of fun! not too tasty but fuuuuun.