Monday, October 27, 2008

home

we made it back home very late Saturday night, after a long days worth of travel. I knew by the start of the flight home from Korea that I was starting to get sick, and spent most of the 12 hrs alternating between shivering and burning up. we weren't allowed to bring any liquids onto the plane, and unfortunately due to turbulence there was no beverage service for the first 4 hrs of the flight. by the time we were finally offered water, it was too late. I was full on sick. boo.

the service on Delta was paled in comparison to the luxury we had on korean airlines. the plane was in poor repair, the food was inedible and the staff was flat out rude. Welcome to America :)

we landed about an hour early in Atlanta, which gave us a chance to unwind and have a bit of food. I had purchased a small digital camera while on the plane from Vlad to Seoul, without realizing that it would have 220v plugs for the charger instead of 110. a quick stop at brookstone (officially my favorite store) provided a step down so now i have a shiny new toy.

Managed an upgrade to first on the way from Atlanta to Detroit and I was asleep within minutes of boarding. Apparently there was a problem upon take off...the instrument panel went haywire, so the pilot had to brake hard which shook the plane quite a bit. Or so I was told. I slept through the whole ordeal.

so now its late monday night. I've managed to edit only a few of the 1000 photos I took during the week. I'm all doped up on cough meds and antibiotics, and really thankful to be home.

this will be my last update here for a while. i can't wait to read updates from our hotel mates. Good luck to you all!

365-293 - the sea of japan

No comments: