Saturday, November 9, 2013

life

hard to believe we've been here 7 months already.   Visa renewals just came back, so we're legal for another 6 months.   Since our apartment lease will be up at that time also, we'll reassess things here and make the decision to stay longer, or return to the states.   My suggestion has been to go back to the US for 6 months and then move to the next destination.  We'll see.....  


Life has been really really good.  Rainy season is just about finished, although its still too flooded for me to ride my moto to school.  Hopefully another couple of weeks ( feels like I say that every couple of weeks!) and everything will be dried up.  

Regular roads are fine, and I'm so happy to be riding again.  I missed that little bit of independence.

School is really ramping up now that the rains are stopping.  There are so many younger children that they've been split into two classrooms, with the basic english lessons held in the main classroom and the beginning students (the abc kids) having lessons in the library.  My older kids have suddenly come to life and are doing quite well.   I finally feel like I'm accomplishing something.  



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Ronda! Thought I'd check out your blog (I am part of FB group Wanderlust and Lipstick). I would love to go to Cambodia! How did you end up there? Perhaps you can point me to the right post. What an amazing experience. How did you learn of Wanderlust and Lipstick?

Unknown said...

Hello Nicole!

I have been reading Wanderlust and Lipstick for a long time, and was thrilled to see the FB group for it.

We've traveled here several times over the past couple of years, just as tourists, to see the temples of Angkor. From the first visit I knew this was some place I wanted to stay long term. Siem Reap is a great town, lots of energy here and really great people.

If you ever decide to visit, please let me know. I have a spare room that you're more than welcome to stay in.