Saturday, September 28, 2013

still kicking

Saturday, almost midnight

Woke up feeling absolutely dreadful today.  Went to the pharmacy and had a blood draw to check for Dengue Fever.  Fortunately it came back negative, so my ailment is just a normal upper respiratory infection instead of something far worse.  A course of antibiotics and tylenol should fix me up in a few days.



Today we had a big luncheon and party at the school.  I had received a very generous donation from a friend in the states earlier this week to cover food costs for the school, so a little bit of it was reallocated for a nice celebration of the new school house and the students for being so good.

I blogged about it over on the Angkor's site...  you can read more and see the photos here:  http://angkorstreeschool.blogspot.com/

I stayed as long as I could, but in the end it was just too hot and I felt way too shitty.  So I came home and slept the rest of the afternoon away.


I did get a chance to work on a new photo project though.  Its been a really long time since I've done anything remotely creative and this is going to take a long time to complete and refine, but I like it so far.   I walk past Teacher Sokhom's house every day and never really notice it, but today the light was perfect and really showed off the red walls of the building.  There was no way I could pass it up.

a couple of quick previews.

 Pich

 Sira

Piset
****


back to bed.   

No comments: