Tuesday, September 24, 2013

school life

Its taken a while, but I've finally started a blog for the school.  For those of you who aren't on facebook, you can keep up with our progress here.   http://angkorstreeschool.blogspot.com/


We continue to have new students every day.  The room has become too crowded to teach so many at once, so we've changed school hours a bit.   Younger students have been divided between a morning session ( 8 - 10am) and an afternoon session (3 - 5pm).   Japanese lessions are from 2-3p, and the older students have class time from 5 -6pm.

***

Regular life is good.   Stressed about problems at my house back in the states, but there isnt much I can do from here.   I'd hate to have to come home to handle stuff myself there, but it may come to that.

Rainy season is definitely upon us.  The roads near my house and the school are too floody to use the moto, so I'm walking back and forth.  Its a short walk, but very wet and muddy.  

my walk to school

 the good road

 Turn right at the chicken coop

 Hard to see, but there is a small opening in the fence on the left.  Just big enough to fit through.  Unfortunately it opens into someone's well/shower/laundry spot.

 Wade through the water and try not to think about leeches and snakes.

Once I made it through the water, the path dries out a bit (to the left of the white house) from there its just another 25 feet to the school.  easy peasy.  


No comments: