Monday, February 21, 2011

back in the USSR

Monday - 9a- St Petersburg

we landed in St Petersburg about 6p local time ( i think...the details are quite sketch). in true soviet fashion the crush of people on the plane and in the customs line was ridiculous and at the point I was emotionally I could have easily caused an international incident. fortunately my mouth stayed shut long enough to get through the luggage pickup and out the doors of the airport.

First impression... Its fucking COLD here. -6 (-22c) upon arrival. I took a couple of quick pictures of us in front of the airport and my hands were numb through my gloves.

Straight to the hotel - check in was easy and the hotel itself is quite lovely. Its a new Marriott near the Hermitage, complete with a German Bierstube on the first level. Yummy potato and mushroom soup (and beer!) for dinner.


after the sleep of the dead we're up and showering and ready to start this day. Its starting to brighten up outside, but still looks REALLY cold. Lots of paperwork today and then off to the baby home to meet Soup.

more later...
xoxo

No comments: